Malware and Virus Removal Services
In 2015, Kaspersky Labs performed a study to see how many computers were infected with viruses per year. Here are those results, and why it is so important to take advantage of our PROactive services instead of getting your device infected and becoming another statistic.
- In 2015, there were 1,966,324 registered notifications about attempted malware infections that aimed to steal money via online access to bank accounts.
- Ransomware programs were detected on 753,684 computers of unique users; 179,209 computers were targeted by encryption ransomware.
- The Lab’s web antivirus detected 121,262,075 unique malicious objects: scripts, exploits, executable files, etc.
- 2% of user computers were subjected to at least one web attack over the year.
- In 2015, their lab detected attempts to launch malware capable of stealing money via online banking on 1,966,324 computers. This number is 2.8% higher than in 2014 (1,910,520)
With the above statistics in mind, why would even want to risk it? If you’re not using both a good anti-virus as well as anti-malware software, then odds are your computer is already infected and while it may not be today, eventually, information that you care about will get stolen. Not only can viruses and malware get your information stolen, but they also affect how your computer functions. It may get slower, and less responsive or even start to freeze. Due to these issues, you might be constantly holding down the power button on your computer to restart it, which can damage your hard drive.
Here’s a quick list to see if you’re in danger, and if you answer ‘yes’ to even one of these questions, then you’re putting yourself at high risk.
- Do you use Internet Explorer as your main internet browser?
- Are you using Windows Defender, Norton, or McAfee as your anti-virus software?
- Are you running Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7?
- Do you have less than 3 passwords?
- Do you receive a lot of pop up messages?
If you answered yes to more than one, then you are running your computer with a high amount of risk, which can be fixed by our professionals 24/7/365 at any time! Let us fix all your issues so that you never have to worry about computer problems. If you’d like, we can even manage all your computers and devices at your business! For more information, please visit our managed services page.